In Readysell 8.29, rolling out to all of our Readysell 8 customers over the next couple of days, we’ve focused on improving the usability of the service module and implementing some general usability tweaks to assist with common processes.
Improve the productivity of your service organization with service module improvements
In the the first of what will be a series of service module improvements, we’ve focussed on some general usability improvements (such as improved screen layouts) and laying the groundwork for service module integration into the mobile app, support for scheduling and service module reporting.
Readysell will automatically detect if your Windows 10 PC has entered tablet mode (either manually, or if the keyboard is detached from your hybrid PC – such as a Microsoft Surface) and will seamlessly adapt its interface to a touch-friendly mode. This will allow you to more easily use Readysell with your fingers, while still providing you with the full power of the Readysell Windows application.
More easily spot and avoid errors with sale line highlighting
Readysell will now highlight any sale order lines or sale back order lines that have been placed for a discontinued product in red. This will allow you to either source the item from an alternate supplier or substitute with a ranged product.
Questions or comments?
Our documentation is in the process of being updated to reflect the latest changes, but we know that it can be tough to wrap your head around what’s new and how it affects you. Please open a ticket through our Support Centre and we’ll be happy to help you out.
Here’s a full list of changes.
- [RSELL-7232] – Add the ability to generate product labels from price book runs
- [RSELL-7282] – Display of multiple levels on list views for web categories like product categories
- [RSELL-7321] – List view of Addresses
- [RSELL-7322] – Contacts List View V8
- [RSELL-7375] – Implement “Tablet Mode” in Windows 10
- [RSELL-7527] – Highlight discontinued lines on sales and back orders
- [RSELL-7577] – Improve usability of service module
- [RSELL-6432] – Add prompt to ask whether transfer should be printed after posting
- [RSELL-6437] – Allow sales to be linked to lay-bys from the sale screen
- [RSELL-6443] – Record email address against lay-by customer details
- [RSELL-7620] – “Sales Person” should be “Sales Rep” on tax invoices
- [RSELL-7651] – Unable to sort on machine shipments tab
- [RSELL-7655] – Service order validation is too strict if actual times are not rounded
- [RSELL-7663] – Exception building Prepare SaleShipments