Recent changes to WebX have added many previously non-catalogue items to the Office Brands range. These products (mostly toners) are contained within the WEB01 catalogue.
The result of this is that members who have already stocked these items independently now have to merge the catalogue items into their existing product file.Â Readysell has developed a series of reports to assist with this data merge.
What is WEB01?
- Primarily related to a full range of ink cartridges
- Involves products that have never been on catalogues
- Is being placed on the website by head office
- Will create many duplicates as members will have made up their own codes for the products in the past
- Barcodes vary for the same cartridge. So matching WEB01 products to existing products is particularly difficult
- Will be updated every month. So once it is loaded the WEB01Â catalogue will keep your prices updated each month as well as adding a few new products on a monthly basis
What new reports are available?
The 3 new reports we produced help identify duplicate products before or after loading WEB01Â or any other catalogue. These reports are as follows
PRODUCTS TO CATALOGUE BY BARCODE
This report gives you products to catalogue where the product is not an EZ-code. Also, the barcode matches a catalogue product that does have an EZ-code.
PRODUCT TO CATALOGUE BY PREFIX
This report gives you products to catalogue where the product is not an EZ-code. Also, the product less the prefix matches a catalogue product that does have an EZ-code.
PRODUCT TO CATALGOUE BY SUPPLIERSCODE
This report gives you products to catalogue where the product is not an EZ-code. Also, the supplier’s code matches a catalogue products that does have an EZ-code.
With each of these reports:
- Run the report
- Close query
- Enter a start and end catalogue code
Each report gives you an actin:
- Remove: If the product already exists as an EZ-code, remove the duplicate product.
- Change: If the product exists on the file but it is not a duplicate then change the product code.