We’re pleased to announce the release of the Readysell reporting best practices and standard reports.
Over the last few months we’ve been working hard in conjunction with the Office Brands ERP Steering Committee to develop and document a set of standard reports, ranging from transactional and operational reporting through to high-level management reports. In line with the Readysell reporting module, we have documented these standard reports in three key areas:
We’ve also documented some best practices for reporting to help you decide which type of report to use in which scenario. In summary:
- You may not need a report, often list views, particularly saved view variants, can give you live report like features without having to run a separate report.
- Use form reports most of the time when you need a report. Particularly when you need presentation quality, external reports or custom calculations.
- Use analysis reports to supplement form reports for things like ad-hoc reporting, cross tab views of your data, your custom management reporting requirements or where it is necessary to “drill into” the data in more depth.
- Use list reports in special cases where you can’t get the result you want from a list view.
Over the coming months we will be sending a series of emails highlighting how you can deliver concrete benefits to your business by using the Office Brands standard reports. We also plan to make presentations about the Office Brands standard reports at the road show in early 2016.
In order to get the most benefit out of the Office Brands standard reports:
- Consider referring to the reporting best practices documentation when you need a new report. You can save time and potential charges by using one of the standard reports where appropriate.
- Keep an eye on our ongoing updates about reporting, there is sure to be one or two points that could help your business.
- Get to the Office Brands roadshow in 2016. This is your chance to get some reports training and face to face discussion on how to benefit from those reports.
- Schedule an hour or two report training with Readysell each year, to ensure you are up to date with all the latest developments.
If you have any questions that you’d like addressed, please contact Readysell support and let us know.